Poké Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tier and battle rules.

+14
2ne1 Chaerin
Champion Blue
Josehero
Symptom
MVX360
UltimateLatios
searchT
[EQN☯ X]Shaun
Elliot
Sweetie Luv
49th Parallel
GTxACE
Ursala
Cody
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tier and battle rules. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tier and battle rules.

Post by Elliot Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:41 pm

UltimateLatios wrote:Do you think Shedinja should be banned? It kinda kills

Did you just say that Shadow Tag Chandelure is ok, then asked if Shedninja should be banned? Are you drunk, high, insane or some sort of combination of the three?
Elliot
Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Champion Blue, Swift Swim has been banned for some time now lol. If you're refering to people still using it, you have to tell an auth about it because none of the battle rules on this post are coded in yet.
Cody
Cody

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateLatios Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:13 am

Elliot wrote:
UltimateLatios wrote:Do you think Shedinja should be banned? It kinda kills

Did you just say that Shadow Tag Chandelure is ok, then asked if Shedninja should be banned? Are you drunk, high, insane or some sort of combination of the three?

@Elliot No, But i was curious, and sorry for the spam cody, im talkitive Razz
UltimateLatios
UltimateLatios

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 am

Double Team is banned.

I really don't think that they should be banned. It's a legitimate ability, they are supposed to give the pokemon a little bit of an upper hand. Other than that, you need the weather for them to be active. And I think things like Sand Stream and Drizzle are OP in the first place. I mean, unlimited weather by just putting them in battle, it makes rain dance/sandstorm ect. completely worthless. But I digress. Ban if you really, really feel as if it will improve the OU metagame on the Poke Land server. Or ban it because it just pisses you off. Idgaf.
._.
Elliot
Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateLatios Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:36 am

Elliot wrote:Double Team is banned.

I really don't think that they should be banned. It's a legitimate ability, they are supposed to give the pokemon a little bit of an upper hand. Other than that, you need the weather for them to be active. And I think things like Sand Stream and Drizzle are OP in the first place. I mean, unlimited weather by just putting them in battle, it makes rain dance/sandstorm ect. completely worthless. But I digress. Ban if you really, really feel as if it will improve the OU metagame on the Poke Land server. Or ban it because it just pisses you off. Idgaf.
._.

Just, wondering why they didn't ban Minimize ._.
UltimateLatios
UltimateLatios

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:39 am

That's banned too. Can you read, it says all evasion boosting and decreasing and all accuracy boosting and decreasing
Elliot
Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by 49th Parallel Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:48 am

Well, the only poke that was seeing light in the 5th gen OU metagame that could effectively abuse it's evasion ability to the point of being OP was Garchomp, who has correspondingly been banished to Ubers. Moreover, Double Team and the like have been banned for some time, by means of the Evasion clause. Thus, banning it seems somewhat redundant, no? There's my two cents, actually probably my shortest post, but I digress at that.

Good Day ._.
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb0f32uOrw1qanb21o1_400.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:51 am

Ultimate, when it says ALL moves that do something it doesn't have to be specific.
Cody
Cody

Back to top Go down

Tier and battle rules. - Page 2 Empty Should Coraphil and Drought be banned?

Post by UltimateLatios Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:42 am

okay, this is a bit like the Swift Swim + Drizzle,

1. Yes

2. No

3. Idk
UltimateLatios
UltimateLatios

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:33 pm

UltimateLatios wrote: okay, this is a bit like the Swift Swim + Drizzle,

1. Yes

2. No

3. Idk

It's not nearly as common or as much of a problem.
Cody
Cody

Back to top Go down

Tier and battle rules. - Page 2 Empty Moody defence

Post by 2ne1 Chaerin Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Cody wrote:I was thinking and most servers have certain stuff thats banned. I know that we don't have much but I think it should still be here for users to see. I'll add more as people point them out and think they should be added if the majority agrees. Tell me what you think with what I have so far.

Legal moves that could possibly break the rules:
Metronome
Okaaaay now why is moody banned? i mean it could be if the pokemon that hjad it was like latios,salamence and garchomp,there pkmn with hiiiigh stats.Pokemon like smeargy,glalie,octy there weak.Moody helps.so why is it banned? PCN had a meeting dicussion on the ban list of BW and i agree with them.Why add more restrictions to a game thats meant to be fun and full of stratigy? i mean i can see some things banned like soul dew lati's and stuff but come pon yur bannin the good stuff,stuff alotta ppl love to use.me included and i dont wanna have to leave PO cuz it banned everything -_- ofcorse ppl that are SOAR LOSERS would vote against stuff so they dont have to lose by it.;But really this is why i never copmpetive play an i just play D/p/py/b/w by my self an with friends cuz i hate how ppl are ruinin a good game.im probly not gonna be agreed with and ppl probably gonna all talk down on it but at least i gotr that out the way xDD ja ne! noljja Hwaiting!
2ne1 Chaerin
2ne1 Chaerin

http://roleplayer.me/Minzy

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateLatios Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:25 pm

2ne1 Chaerin wrote:
Cody wrote:I was thinking and most servers have certain stuff thats banned. I know that we don't have much but I think it should still be here for users to see. I'll add more as people point them out and think they should be added if the majority agrees. Tell me what you think with what I have so far.

Metronome
Okaaaay now why is moody banned? i mean it could be if the pokemon that hjad it was like latios,salamence and garchomp,there pkmn with hiiiigh stats.Pokemon like smeargy,glalie,octy there weak.Moody helps.so why is it banned? PCN had a meeting dicussion on the ban list of BW and i agree with them.Why add more restrictions to a game thats meant to be fun and full of stratigy? i mean i can see some things banned like soul dew lati's and stuff but come pon yur bannin the good stuff,stuff alotta ppl love to use.me included and i dont wanna have to leave PO cuz it banned everything -_- ofcorse ppl that are SOAR LOSERS would vote against stuff so they dont have to lose by it.;But really this is why i never copmpetive play an i just play D/p/py/b/w by my self an with friends cuz i hate how ppl are ruinin a good game.im probly not gonna be agreed with and ppl probably gonna all talk down on it but at least i gotr that out the way xDD ja ne! noljja Hwaiting!

Its banned because of how Ubered it is, its still ubered, even if its on weak pokemon
UltimateLatios
UltimateLatios

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ne1 Chaerin Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:07 am

UltimateLatios wrote:
2ne1 Chaerin wrote:

Metronome

Its banned because of how Ubered it is, its still ubered, even if its on weak pokemon
if it was to uber im sure shituki Co woulda said something first.They test the game day an night,its a weak excuse to limit pokemon.
2ne1 Chaerin
2ne1 Chaerin

http://roleplayer.me/Minzy

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateLatios Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 am

Im not the directer, Cody is, even though he is my friend
UltimateLatios
UltimateLatios

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:02 am

Moody is banned because it raises evasion, anything that can raise evasion makes the game unfair and leaves it to chance. Do you really want to fight a pokemon with +6 evasion from moody and never hit it? You say the game is about strategy and it is, which is exactly why moody is banned, because it's not a strategy, it just makes it a chance battle that you might hit them.
Cody
Cody

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicham's Hat Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:07 pm

When are these bans going to be coded in?
Medicham's Hat
Medicham's Hat

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateLatios Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 pm

when cody feels like it
UltimateLatios
UltimateLatios

Back to top Go down

Tier and battle rules. - Page 2 Empty Ban? Why ban?

Post by Secret Guy Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:27 am

Look, I just don't get why you ban things.
Secret Guy
Secret Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:34 am

Lol He So Mad, well spammer's gone. lol
Elliot
Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:57 pm

If unreleased ability's were merged into the wifi tier, dream world would kinda be like wifi. Unreleased abilities should stay DW, as which they do not belong in wifi, thats why DW was created..
Aqua
Aqua

Back to top Go down

Post by searchT Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Exactly my point. Unreleased abilities aren't fair to use in wifi cuz in the actual games you can't use a Dream World poke out side of dream world(poke with a dream world ability or a poke liek Genesect)
searchT
searchT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetie Luv Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:40 am

Until Dream World abilities are released, they stay in Dream World. I think this whole argument is over.
Sweetie Luv
Sweetie Luv

Back to top Go down

Tier and battle rules. - Page 2 Empty Tiers

Post by Wesley Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Do we not have a complete tier list? Obviously there are a lot of Pokemon that are Ubers no matter how you look at it but there are a fair few mons that are in the grey area such as Salamence,Terrakion and Mew. We should really look into compiling a full list.
Wesley
Wesley

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicham's Hat Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Wesley wrote:Do we not have a complete tier list? Obviously there are a lot of Pokemon that are Ubers no matter how you look at it but there are a fair few mons that are in the grey area such as Salamence,Terrakion and Mew. We should really look into compiling a full list.

The three you listed are no where near Uber (two of them are UU), but I do agree that the scripts need to be updated to include current bans.
Medicham's Hat
Medicham's Hat

Back to top Go down

Tier and battle rules. - Page 2 Empty Tiers

Post by Wesley Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Well we need to consider things like Salamence, Mew and Terrakion. They are certainly borderline and they are banned by Smogon so we should at least have a look. Also, I noticed that Imposter Ditto isn't banned and I think we should have a look at that.
Wesley
Wesley

Back to top Go down

Post by 49th Parallel Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Well, as mentioned before, Terrakion and Mew are both UU at this point, and for good enough reason. Though his stats and movepool are excellent, Mew's typing and less than helpful ability limit him a fair deal, limiting him to Baton Passing. Terrakion is rather potent threat, yet his weaknesses to common attacking types (including Ground, Water, Steel and Fighting) allow him to be checked relatively easily. Though Salamence also possess quite the offensive potential, his weakness to SR, as well as the common Ice typing, make him a manageable threat. As for Imposter Ditto, he isn't yet released, meaning he shouldn't be seen in Wifi yet :/
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum