Poké Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For when I get bored...

3 posters

Go down

For when I get bored... Empty For when I get bored...

Post by 49th Parallel Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Ayte, I figured that this would conserve space, so this where I'm gonna start posting sets and all that rot when I get bored and feel like getting into that sort of thing. So I'll just start things off right here:

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Virizion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 132 Atk / 140 SAtk / 236 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Stone Edge
- Work Up

Kind of a neat little toy, Mixed Virizion can function as a rather effective wallbreaker and late-game sweeper, once some select pokes are dealt with (Skarm predominantly). With the given speed investment, Virizion can outspeed everything from base 105 down. At +1, whether it be from Work Up or Justified, Close Combat can OHKO the most physically bulky of Chanseys, which is always a nice perk. Giga Drain functions as it's secondary stab, which can consistently OHKO a 252 Hp Slowbro (a common partner of Chansey) at +1, dealing 69.5-81.7% unboosted. The last move is more a matter of choice, with Hp Ice guaranteeing a clean KO of Haxorus, 'Mence, Gliscor, Landorus and Dnite (provided Multiscale is broken) at +1, and Stone Edge providing safer neutral coverage on pokes.

mmk, so I have nothing to do 'til about 6, so yeah...here ya go .-.

Virizion @ Light Clay/Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Fire]/Focus Blast
- Reflect
- Light Screen

With his unique typing, respectable bulk and effective speed, Virizion can make very effective Dual-Screen user. With the given investment he can outspeed a max speed Landorus, allowing him to set up screens before him and effectively wall him. Giga Drain is extremely helpful in maintaining his Hp, especially whilst running Light Clay. While Focus Blast can provide a secondary stab, Hp Ice continues to allow him to counter the likes of Dnite and 'Mence, with Hp Fire being an option that allows him to combat Ferrothorn, Forretress and Scizor.

Virizion @ Life Orb/Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat/Sacred Sword
- Stone Edge/Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

A little less creative, SD Virizion basically explains itself. Leaf Blade for stab, with either CC or Sacred Sword offering secondary stab (preferably CC+LO or Sacred Sword+Lefties). Stone Edge allows him to hit Flying types hard, who resist your stab options, though Quick Attack can be used for some sucker priority.

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Giga Drain/Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Rock]
- Calm Mind

Offensive CM Virizion functions rather similarly to SD Virizion in essence. Giga Drain offers reliable damage, as well a little extra Hp, though Grass Knot can occasionally offer the extra power to KO pokes. Focus Blast is Focus Blast, Hidden Power is too valuable to waste on Hp Fighting. As mentioned before, Hp Ice allows you to hit some key sections of the metagame, though Hp Rock also allows you to hit Bug types in addition to Flying types.

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 152 Def / 32 SAtk / 204 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Rock]/Reflect
- Calm Mind

Don't ask me how I got these EVs, it's somewhat convoluted really Razz Anywho, this set aims for a bulkier CM set. Again, the speed investment allows him to outrun everything from Landorus down, which is nice. Giga Drain is more a must in this set than before, with Focus Blast still offering a secondary stab. Hp Ice and Rock are still up there for the aforementioned reasons, with Reflect being up there to allow him to try to net an extra CM or two against weaker physical threats (he can set up pretty well on Excadrill, Landorus, and most pokes that rely on Quake-Edge really .-.).

So yeah, if you like it, try it. I wanna see this brutha getting used more, I really do ._.
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb0f32uOrw1qanb21o1_400.jpg

Back to top Go down

For when I get bored... Empty Re: For when I get bored...

Post by 49th Parallel Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:27 am

Mmk, got bored again, so here's another post .-.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

What I would think to be pretty well-known at this point, scarfed Landorus can fully abuse his trolltastic base speed, complimented by the raw power of Sand Force to scout out the opponent, revenge kill opponents and check certain sweepers (notably 'Mence and Volcarona). EQ offers a clean stab, which is of course complimented by Stone Edge, forming the valued Quake-Edge combo, which is capable of being boosted by Sand Force. U-Turn is of course for scouting out switches and the like, as well as maintaing momentum with your attacks. Lastly, Hp Fire can be used to break through the likes of Ferrothorn/Scizor/Forretress, though Hp Ice is better for beating Gliscor, other Landorus', and 'Mence.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 Atk / 188 SAtk / 104 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish

Very similar to the scarf set in moves, RP Mixorus is meant generally to be a late-game sweeper (preferably on a sand team), as he greatly appreciates the presence of SR and maybe a layer or so of Spikes. The moves, seeing as they were already basically explained, do as they do. With the given investment in Sp.Atk, Hp Fire or Ice is capable of OHKOing a 12 Hp Breloom. Also, after one RP Landorus is capable of outspeeding everything from scarfed base 110s down (which is basically all the metagame, save Dory).

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)/ Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish/U-Turn

Basically the RP set with a more acute focus on power. After one SD Landorus reaches a more than respectable 698 Attack (766 w/Adamant Nature), allowing him to break through basically anything that doesn't resist his attacks. Rock Polish can allow him to effectively run a Double Dance Set, though U-Turn can be used to switch out with a little residual damage.

Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 32 Atk / 248 Spd
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

Though it appears somewhat odd at first, with his decent bulk, access to decent and convenient neutral coverage and unique typing, Landorus can make quite the Bulk Up user, provided common phazers like Skarm are dealt with (here's looking at you Magnezone). Rock Slide is ran over Stone Edg for accuracy and pp purposes.

Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Rock]
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Though it's often ignored, Landorus has access to a more than satisfactory 115 base Sp.Atk, as well as Calm Mind to properly use it. After one CM, the standard para-flinch Togekiss won't be able to break his sub with Air Slash. As far as coverage, Ground+Ice offers very effective neutral coverage, as well as hitting very significant pokes for super-effective damage, though Hp Rock receives the Sand Force boost.

Last edited by 49th Parallel on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:04 am

I like Landorus. Ground/Flying is nice typing, but I could never find a niche for him. I like this though. I like it a lot. ._.
Elliot
Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by 49th Parallel Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:13 am

Since I got thinking about it...

Bibarel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Return/Quick Attack
- Quick Attack/Rest
- Curse

Bibarel, known for his extremely potent ability Simple, can be best abused with a simple Curse set. With Water/Normal offering nearly perfect neutral coverage in the LU/NU metagame, he has no real need for other attacks. Waterfall of course offers the primary stab, hitting several types neutrally. Return offers a strong secondary stab,though Quick Attack's stab priority is quite nice as well. However, Rest can be used to preserve himself and remove status ailments.

Bibarel (M) @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Amnesia
- Curse
- Rest

With the addition of Amnesia, Bibarel is capable of overcoming one of his biggest problems in LU: Rotom-C (NU isn't really established yet, so Bibarel is technically LU right now Razz). After one Amnesia, Bibarel's Sp.Def hits 516, meaning even it's Specs Leaf Storm can't OHKO (75.7-89.2 w/Timid and max Sp.Atk). Rest allows him to keep his health up, and Waterfall offers good neutral coverage.

Bibarel (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Waterfall
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Curse

Pretty easy to explain, if need be Bibarel can prove to be quite the threat in Trick Room, hitting 66 Speed and 590 Attack after one Curse.

Bibarel (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Swift
- Charge Beam
- Substitute/Hidden Power [Fire]

Somewhat odd, but Bibarel can also function as a more specially oriented sweeper with the use of Charge Beam. Surf and Swift offer initial stab, with Charge Beam of course being used to boost Sp.Atk. Substitute allows Bibarel to beat Eviolite Frillish in a 1v1, though I suppose Hp Fire can be used if you are worried about Ferroseed.

Bibarel (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SAtk / 212 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Waterfall
- Return/Quick Attack
- Thunderbolt/Hidden Power [Fire]
- Work Up

In a more offensive tone, Work Up allows Bibarel to function as a mixed sweeper. Waterfall is of course for stab, with either Return or Quick Attack to back it. The choice between Tbolt and Hp Fire is that of choosing between hitting Frillish or Ferroseed.

So there you go I guess. Noted these aren't at all recommended for OU play, but they are cool in LU and such
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by 49th Parallel Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:50 am

Mmk, here's another I guess

Victini is a very interesting poke introduced by Gen 5. It's the first Fire/Psychic type, which actually offers very good neutral coverage, in addition to having several other offensive options to hit those who resist them. In addition, he has a handful of support moves, coupled by his handy ability Victory Star, that allow him to fill a handful of roles. However, it isn't pros for this lil' dude. His weakness to SR and vulnerability to common Pursuit users limit his potential severely. However, with the right support Victini can break down several teams.

Victini @ Life Orb
Trait: Victory Star
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)/Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunder/Energy Ball/U-Turn

Though rather basic, LO Attacking Victini can be quite dangerous, mainly due his ability to abuse low accuracy moves with Victory Star. Fire Blast hits 93.5% accuracy with Victory Star, with Psyshock providing it's secondary stab. Focus Blast can hit Dark types that resist Fire (Tyranitar, Houndoom, etc.). In the last slot, Thunder can hit the likes of Milotic and Slowbro for at least a 2HKO, though Energy Ball can also hit Quagsire and U-Turn can allow you to scout switches and maintain momentum.

Victini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- V-create
- U-turn
- Final Gambit
- Taunt

I'm sure you might've heard of this set before, and the idea of it sweet and simple. With his large Hp stat Victini can take down most of the UU metagame while at max Hp. V-Create allows him to maintain some offensive options, with U-Turn allowing him to switch out of unfavorable match-ups (or just not wasting Final Gambit). Taunt allows him to cripple the most common switch-ins to this set in UU (Chansey, Alomomola, Dusclops).

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)/Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Brick Break/Fusion Bolt
- U-turn

Though he does require some more Rapid Spin support than others, Victini can make a very effective and rather threatening scout. V-Create has some incredible power, easily being the biggest reason to run him over Flygon, with Zen Headbutt providing secondary stab. Brick Break deals 81.8-96.2% to a 4 Hp Houndoom (89.7-105.5% w/Adamant), meaning it will consistently OHKO after SR damage. Choice Band can be opted out if you would prefer power over scouting potential.

Victini @ Choice Specs
- Overheat/Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunder/Energy Ball/U-Turn

Very straightforward here, just your basic Specs set really Razz Overheat provides a powerful stab, though Fire Blast can be used if the Sp.Atk drop is unnapealing to you. Psyshock offers a dual stab that can hit the likes of Chansey for decent damage. Focus Blast continues to hit stuff like Houndoom hard. The last move is more one of flavor, with Thunder beat down Milotic, Slowbro, Alomomola, etc., though Energy Ball can also hit Quagsire, and U-Turn allows you to feint another set.

Victini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave
- Taunt/Light Screen

Somewhat out of the ordinary, but Victini fill's an odd niche as a support poke under the right circumstances. Flamethrower allows him to keep up some offensive prowess. U-Turn is always helpful for scouting switches and keeping momentum. Will-o-Wisp is quite useful, reaching 82.5% accuracy with Victory Star, though Thunder Wave has other benefits. With a combination of Will-o-Wisp and Taunt Victini can outlast even Alomomola, though Light Screen can be quite helpful in allowing you to set up sweepers and the like.

Victini @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Brick Break/Fusion Bolt
- Trick Room

With Trick Room, Victini can actually use the speed-dropping side effect of V-Create to his advantage. After one V-Create Victini hits 122 speed, becoming "faster" than everything above Cradily (43 Base Speed). Zen Headbutt remains his secondary stab, with either Fusion Bolt or Brick Break for coverage.

So che, there ya go .-.
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateLatios Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 am

nice. But Some Victinis need certian Sets to stop threats in Battles. Ill Show u another example pararrel.

U-Create (Victini) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef/ 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Searing Shot
- Final Gambit

A good set to count on! Either Way now bud. Life Orb Does the countdown for Final Gambit. Enjoy stabbing with Fire Blasts, Psychics. Searing Shots. And WHEEEN your HP is about to EXPLODE TO FAINT. ACTIVATE FINAL GAMBIT AND KABOOM. Its a good set for different kinds of threats that can happen to your team.

Rawk the awk on
UltimateLatios
UltimateLatios

Back to top Go down

Post by 49th Parallel Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Uhh, Final Gambit deals damage equal to your Hp when you use it ._. Meaning if you're at 1 Hp, it'll deal 1 damage. That's why Final Gambit is really only viable is a set designed solely for that purpose, so you can invest max Hp, thus maximizing damage output.
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateLatios Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Yeeaaa. It like sacrifices itself. Much like Medichams special Unburden Drifblim
UltimateLatios
UltimateLatios

Back to top Go down

Post by 49th Parallel Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Yeah, I got the idea, but the point of it is to max out Hp on a Final Gambit set, consequently maximizing damage output. Thus a 252 Hp investment on the Final Gambit set. By putting Final Gambit on a set that isn't entirely focused on it, it only reduces it's effectiveness. With your set, Final Gambit will only deal 341 damage as opposed to 404, which gets reduced further each time you attack due to Life Orb recoil.
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateLatios Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:24 pm

i dont mind if you swap some stuff around with this victini. its your topic
UltimateLatios
UltimateLatios

Back to top Go down

Post by 49th Parallel Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 am

So I don't really know the situation with the server, but I'm going to keep posting stuff on this topic anywho, because I frankly didn't care if people were reading this at all to begin with .-. I enjoy making original sets and playing outlandishly, it's how I do and it expands my mind to the metagame a little more each time. So whateva, imma do what I want~

Anywho, seeing as this poke is LU (maybe NU when/if it's formed), the sets I'm giving will be based on such unless told otherwise. Jus' so ya know ._.

^Couldn't find a bloody animated sprite anywhere :/

Anywho, Beheeyem is a fairly interesting pokemon. Though he certainly isn't the most notable Psychic introduced this generation, he does possess certain qualities that set him apart from the likes of other LU Psychics. Though it doesn't possess the stall-breaking/sweeper-checking power of Swoobat (actually a very cool-looking poke btw, might have to do a section on it) or the Baton-Passing power of Musharna, Beheeyem has access to Recover, Nasty Plot and Calm Mind, a decent special movepool and a stat distribution that can allow it to function as powerful TR sweeper or a relatively bulky conservative attacker/supporter. Nonetheless, he is a very interesting choice should you feel like mixing things up a bit.

Beheeyem (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt/Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room/Shadow Ball

With his pitiful speed, ability to abuse Psyshock to beat special walls and access to both Nasty Plot and Trick Room, Beheeyem can function as a rather powerful TR sweeper. Psyshock gives him a reliable stab to beat common special walls (a +2 Psyshock will almost always OHKO even a 248 Hp/252 Def Bold Regice after SR damage). Thunderbolt offers pretty good neutral coverage with Psyshock, though Hp Fighting can hit Klinklang and Dark types harder. Though Trick Room is usually preferred, Shadow Ball can be used for extra coverage if need be. However, this should only be with Hp Fighting, as Shadow Ball really doesn't offer any additional coverage with Thunderbolt.

Beheeyem (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Thunderbolt/Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Taking a more conservative stance, CM Beheeyem can become quite the threat after chocking up a boost or two. The given investment allows him to live a Scollipede's Megahorn (though I wouldn't recommend staying in on him in the first place ._.). Psyshock is still used to hit through classic special walls, though Psychic can really be used anyway, as Synchronize scares most pokes off from trying to cripple you with status. Thunderbolt offers the best coverage you can get with just one move, though Barrier can allow you to function as an effective Monoattacker once the field's been cleared of Dark types and SD/CB Scollipede (yes, it needs multiple mentions, as it is that awesome :3)

Beheeyem (M) @ Light Clay
- Psychic/Hidden Power [Fire]
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Recover

With decent 75/75/95 defenses and access to reliable recovery in Recover Beheeyem can make a rather effective Dual Screener. The only real choice needed is the issue of Psychic or Hp Fire. Psychic is the natural choice, recieving stab and scaring off Scollipede and Eviolite Gurdurr, though Hp Fire can ward off Klinklang while still stopping Scollipede. However, if you are using Hp Fire, and EV spread of 252 HP / 140 Def / 80 SAtk / 36 SDef w/Bold should be used to be able to 2HHKO a 100 Hp Klinklang w/Lefties.

Beheeyem (M) @ Leftovers
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Disable
- Recover

So here's where I'm getting a bit inventive here. The idea of this set is that very few pokes carry two attacks that deal super-effective damage to Beheeyem, since the coverage is simply awful. Thus, the idea is to take a hit, paralyze the attacking poke, then Disable him before he can attack again due to his decreased speed. This can actually (in theory of course) force a lot of switches, in addition to passing around paralysis to several pokes due to the limited number of Taunters in the LU metagame. Of course, this poke should be played with massive Spikes+SR support, as he is essentially a convoluded pseudo-phazer Razz

Anywho, that's that really. Synchronize should basically always be used over Telepathy, as it's basically crap outside of Doubles, which I'm not getting into ._. Analyze could be interesting once it's released, considering his low speed and high Sp.Atk. The NP sweeper set could probably pool a couple more EVs from it's Sp.Atk into either defenses without much harm if you feel you need to survive certain attacks. The other sets' EVs, outside of already proposed corrections, should already offer for maximum bulk as is, so I don't feel they need to be to greatly tampered with, though I suppose you could always go for the obligatory 252 Hp/252 Def/4 SDef w/Bold investment for the CM set if you must :/
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down