Poké Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some LU Madness .-.

3 posters

Go down

Some LU Madness .-. Empty Some LU Madness .-.

Post by 49th Parallel Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Before anyone asks, this is a real tier ._. With the arrival of 5th Gen, the tiers of old went out the window, with UU becoming much like the old OU, with the new OU being a "Super OU" of sorts. In response, the LU tier was formed, in order to hold those pokes that don't quite make the grade in UU, but are still too powerful to be marked of as NU.

With that little history lesson out of the way, here's my team. I've been working on it for not so long, to be perfectly frank, but I've grown to enjoy it.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Iced Joe (Snover) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 172 Atk / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Ice Shard
- GrassWhistle

Basically their to set up Hail and die. Since there aren't any other perma-weather pokes in the LU metagame, I'm not too concerned about losing hail. With the investments I put into him, he can outrun uninvested base 50 pokes (mainly Regirock). Blizzard is a nice option to be able to spam, hitting relatively hard considering Snover's NFE status. Energy Ball is run over Giga Drain because I have no real need to think about longevity on it, and the occasional Sp.Def drop is always nice. Ice Shard is nice for some priority to pick off weakened pokes or just getting an extra hit in. Grasswhistle is somewhat gimmicky, but not gimmicky enough for me to not run it :3

Calamari Yo~ (Tentacool) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 244 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Once examining the idea of a Hail team, I decided that I needed a couple different things: something to spin hazards, resist fire/fighting, and if at all possible, set some hazards of my own. Then, with a helpful suggestion from Jeevs at the eve of the team's first run, I decided upon Tentacool. With Evolite, Tentacool grows quite bulky, having 277 defense and a not-so-shabby 445 special defense. The moveset seems quite self-explanatory, with Scald offering an obligatory stab w/30% chance of burn, Knock Off getting rid of opponents items, and Rapid Spin for removing hazards. Tspikes, even without my initial knowledge, became a staple in my team, allowing me to do what I do best, and troll people relentlessly :3

Vanilla Ice (Regice) @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Protect

In case you weren't informed, Regice in Hail is somewhat of a defensive juggernaut, with more than respectable 80/100/200 defenses and the capacity to restore 1/8th of it's Hp between Ice Body and Lefties. Regice basically allows me a method to stall out opponents that have been poisoned quite well. Blizzard offers a powerful stab, with Thunderbolt offering the famed coverage offered by this pseudo-BoltBeam combo. Toxic allows me to poison pokes that aren't affected by Tspikes, whether it be Levitate or a Flying type. Protect allows me a free turn to increase the toxic damage, one more turn of hail damage on the opponent, and a little more Hp from Lefties+Ice Body.

CC Blinkin' (Beartic) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Icicle Crash
- Focus Punch
- Hone Claws
- Substitute

Beartic offers a bit of offense on my otherwise rather defensive team. With Snow Cloak, Beartic can assume the role of an Evasive Dancer, hiding behind a sub and attacking or boosting his offense via Hone Claws. I run Hone Claws over SD because considering my luck, the 90% accuracy of Icicle Crash will be missing quite often :/ Focus Punch can be safely due to the presence of Substitute, offering adequate neutral coverage with Icicle Crash.

Whatchu Say? (Audino) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

IMO, Audino was created to be an LU Chansey/Blissey. Same typing, widespread movepool, multitude of possible support roles (I might have to make a topic with just a handful of Audino sets Razz), it just screams for the role. With Fire Blast allowing me to hit the rare Steel types that are immune to Toxic for quite a fair amount of damage. Heal Bell allows me to keep my pokes healthy, with Wish there to either maintain some longevity or pass 255 Hp to another poke (often Tentacool). Protect is what I've found to be the best option, working well with Wish, scouting out moves and stalling poison and the like.

Da Police (Illumise) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Encore
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Although it appears somewhat odd, Illumise provides a key role in my team. With the assistance of Prankster, Illumise can Encore anything that is setting up, allowing me a sound check to two of my team's biggest problems, SD Cobalion and Klingklang. After Encoring a poke, I can either Wish or set up a sub that I could pass to a poke that can properly counter the switch-in. Combined with a resistance to Fighting attacks, she is quite helpful for my team.

So there you have it, my team. At the time being, it has threes major threats that I have trouble handling: Cobalion, Moltres and Klingklang. All three are immune to Tspikes, and hit my team quite hard. Klingklang and Cobalion can tear through most of my team after an SD or Gear Shift after Illumise goes down, and LO Moltres can basically O/2HKO most of my team with the right move. Thus, I do have some pokes that I have been switching in and out with occasionally to test:

Somalia Jr. (Frillish) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Night Shade/Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Recover

Pretty basic, but it resists both stabs of Cobalion and Klingklang (in addition to his immunity to Frustration/Return), and can simply burn them, whilst simply using Toxic on Moltres and stalling it out. Another boon is of course it's ability to function as a spinblocker.

Simmer Down (Slowking) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic/Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Somewhat basic, but very effective, Slowking can take anything that any of them can dish out, being able to take two +2 Stone Edges from Cobalion, while scaring it off with Fire Blast.

Anywho, there's my team as it is. Feel free to make any suggestions, constructive criticism, whatever, I'm always open to new ideas Smile

Good Day ._.
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb0f32uOrw1qanb21o1_400.jpg

Back to top Go down

Some LU Madness .-. Empty Re: Some LU Madness .-.

Post by Medicham's Hat Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Your Sig makes no sense under a team like that o.O (I'll do a full rate later)
Medicham's Hat
Medicham's Hat

Back to top Go down

Post by 49th Parallel Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:53 am

Nonsense, this post reflects nothing even relatable to my sig .-.
49th Parallel
49th Parallel

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb0f32uOrw1qanb21o1_400.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:31 am

Medicham, 49 doesn't have the capability to admit he's good. ;..;
Elliot
Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum