Poké Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ubers Stall that works for some reason.

Go down

Random Ubers Stall that works for some reason. Empty Random Ubers Stall that works for some reason.

Post by nintengamerftw Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:51 pm

So, since I haven't done Ubers in a while and I plan on making a new team anyway, I've decided to share my Ubers team that peaked at #3 on Pokeland and #5 on PBC (before I stopped going there). As the title suggests, this team is centralized around stall, which is rarely seen in Ubers, and it has been far more successful than I ever anticipated. The goal of the team is to get up hazards early and through a combination of smart switches and good prediction, stall the opponent out. This team will not just work for anyone. You need to know the metagame well enough that you have a pretty good idea of what your opponent may do.

The Suicide Lead

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252HP, 4Def, 252Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

This guy performs his job beyond perfect. His main goal is to set up Stealth Rocks and Spikes as he can before dying. With a combination of Taunt and Magic Coat, he is able to troll the opponents team and enable his job much easier while the opponent can be severely crippled early on. The most common of these situations comes against Darkrai leads. Getting the opponent's Darkrai asleep early using Magic Coat so I don't have to fodder someone later on is extremely helpful. Also, the focus sash nearly always guarentees I get atleast one layer of spikes up, but a large amount of the time I'm able to succeed in getting two or three.

Obligatory Rain Summoner

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252HP, 252SAtk, 4Spe
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
-Water Spout
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunder

Obviously, the greatest purpose of Kyogre on this team is to summon rain. However, he has become the best wall breaker on my team and can deal as much as 60% to standard Blissey with Water Spout in the rain. His main goal is to come in on something he threatens, and hit hard with one of his STAB water moves on the switch. However, thanks to the added bulk, he also makes a good switch in to SD Arceus and Mewtwo. Taking any attack that's not Grass Knot and OHKOing back. Besides his offensive prowess, the rain he summons benefits both Ferrothorn and Tentacruel greatly and helps them take on many threats they normally couldn't.

The (Very) Overused Wall

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252HP, 4Def, 252SDef
Nature: Sassy (+SDef, -Spe)
-Gyro Ball
-Leech Seed
-Spikes
-Protect

We've all seen him, we all know him, and a good amount of us hate him. This is one of those times when people's claims to throw a Pokemon into Ubers wouldn't be entirely unwarranted. Ferrothorn performs spectacularly in Ubers, especially in the rain. He can easily outstall Dialga, Palkia, Kyogre, Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, and many other threats. Additionally, he can set any layers of spikes up that Deoxys-S couldn't manage in the process. Lastly, his defensive typing compliments the rest of the team nicely, which provides him with many switch in oppurtunities.

Extra Hazarder/Rain Wall

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252HP, 100Def, 140SDef, 16Spe
Nature: Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
-Scald
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes
-Protect

While Tentacruel in Ubers might seem odd at first, he can take many attacks better than a large portion of my team. He can take Draco Meteor from Dialga without a problem and can wall any Mewtwo not running Psystrike. Because of this, he's great for support by throwing down toxic spikes while at the same time eliminating the opponent's hazards. Afterwards, he can protect stall for both poison damage and recovery from Black Sludge and Rain Dish. Not to mention the occasional burn has often got me out of a few tight spots.

The Greatest Special Wall

Motherf***ing Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4HP, 252Def, 252SDef
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled/Wish
-Thunder Wave
-Aromatherapy

Chansey is what has made this team possible. In the early stages of this team, it didn't have Chansey, and that is why it sucked. Chansey does so much for this team its not even funny. He walls half the Pokemon in the tier to oblivion, provides T-Wave support for Kyogre to sweep, remedies status, and trolls in general. Suffice to say, this team wouldn't be half as great without Chansey.

The Shuffler

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252HP, 252Def, 4Spe
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
-Dragon Tail
-Roar
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

This guy is what does all the damage to the opponent at the end of the day. By shuffling the opponent around using Dragon Tail and Roar, I have cause many opponents to ragequit. The reason for both of these phazing moves is so that I have a larger chance of phazing from Sleep Talk. I can attest to their usefulness thanks to the many battles they have helped me to win. Without boosting their moves, very few threats can touch Giratina, and those that do are walled by another team member. Also, he functions as a spin blocker thanks to his ghost typing.

And that's the team. I'm open to even more ways to improve it, as it's not without its flaws. Some pokemon like Mewtwo and Arceus can occasionally be a problem if I don't have Toxic Spikes up and they carry the right moveset. Other than that though, this team has been ridiculously successful considering it was my first and only Uber team. Also, anyone who wants to use it can feel free, as I don't really plan on using it much anymore. I've been using it for long enough that I'd like to try something new.
nintengamerftw
nintengamerftw

Back to top Go down